About HIM-I AM A FAN OF THE BAND"HIM"

Thursday 15 October 2009

Model 'sacked for being too large'

The former Ralph Lauren model, whose image in a much-criticised advertisement was made thinner, has said the clothing giant did not renew her contract because she was "too large". Polo Ralph Lauren said it sacked Filippa Hamilton because of a contract dispute and that the photo was released mistakenly. But Hamilton, 23, said: "They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore." Hamilton, who had worked for the company since she was 15, said she considered Polo Ralph Lauren her second family. The company acknowledged in a statement that the image of Hamilton that appeared last week in a Tokyo mall had been digitally altered. Hamilton, a New York resident who is half-Swedish and was raised in France, went public after the photo surfaced. She has been looking for another job since she was dismissed in April, said Jesse Derris, her spokesman at Sunshine Sachs & Associates. The photo's emaciated depiction of her, with hips about as narrow as her head, could make young women "think that it's normal to look like that -- and it's not", the 5ft 10in, 8st 8lb model told NBC's Today show. "I saw my face on this super-extremely skinny girl, which is not me; it's not healthy, it's not right," she said. She said she was a US size four (British size eight) and that her weight had remained constant during eight years as a model for the iconic American brand.(my view)- All of these"MODEL"companies SHOULD be put out of business for promoting anirexia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree! I was reading about this yesterday and thought I'd blog about it, but you beat me to it! LOL!!! I think what they call "plus size models" look so much healthier and happier!
I feel bad for todays children cause they think they are fat when in fact.....they are perfect! I had the media! I hate the modeling companies too! xxxxxxxxxxxxx