About HIM-I AM A FAN OF THE BAND"HIM"

Friday 30 October 2009

Paperboy offered £6.93 redundancy

A 13-year-old paperboy in Bedfordshire who earns £6.53 a week could have been one of the youngest people in the UK to be offered a redundancy package. Kane Middleton received a formal letter which told him he was being laid off from his round in Clophill. It outlined a redundancy package of "one week's pay in lieu of notice, which equates to £6.93 (subject to tax and NI)". His employer, Letterbox Direct, was unavailable for comment. Kane said he began his round two months ago to buy treats and a new cage for his hamster, Splodge. Speaking about receiving the letter, he said: "I got this piece of paper and I didn't really understand all the words. "I asked my mum and she told me I had been made redundant. "I felt annoyed and upset." His mother Jocelyn said she was disappointed that her son had received an "impersonal" letter-Kane said he was annoyed and upset by the letter (my view)-company workers and other workers get thousands of pounds as their redundancy check ect........BUT doing this is to a kid is disgustingly cruel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you kids do paper routes to have money so they can go to the movies or something. And now you go and tax them that is cruel.....